13 - Education Health and Care Plans: examples of good practice
A guide produced by the Council for Disabled Children to support the development of skills in writing good quality EHC plans that meet both the letter and the spirit of the Children and Families Act 2014. It includes ‘top tips’ as well as excerpts from real EHC plans and can be downloaded here.
14 - The role of social care in implementing the Children and Families Act 2014
A guide produced by the Council for Disabled Children which can be downloaded here. It provides:
- An overview of the legal framework for social care for children and young people who are disabled or have SEN and their families, including changes introduced by the Children and Families Act 2014 and the Care Act 2014. It provides information for strategic leaders and managers to support effective planning and decision making.
- Information specifically for front line managers and social workers to help them put the legal framework into practice. It includes resources that can be used locally for training and development.
15 - Identifying the social care needs of disabled children and young people and those with SEN as part of Education, Health and Care Needs Assessments (May 2016)
This briefing was developed by the Council for Disabled Children and is aimed at social care teams, disabled children’s teams, and special educational needs and disability teams, particularly those responsible for EHC needs assessments. It is designed to help those coordinating EHC assessments to gather information which will support the provision of meaningful social care advice, particularly where a child or young person is not known to a social work team. It can be downloaded here.
16 - Education Health and Care Plan Workshop materials (Spring 2016)
In early spring 2016, workshops were held in all nine regions to support local areas with producing quality Education, Health and Care (EHC) Plans. These were delivered by the DfE SEND Adviser team, facilitated by Mott MacDonald. The resources from these workshops can be used by local authorities and other partners to train colleagues and disseminate this learning. They can be downloaded here.
17 - DfE Factsheet and FAQ on EHC plan eligibility for 19-25 year olds
A factsheet has been produced by Department for Education on EHC plan eligibility for 19-25 year olds. It can be downloaded here and covers the following items:
- 19- to 25-year-olds’ EHC plans
- Education, training and benefits
- Considering health and social care needs
- Including young people in decision-making
18 - DfE SEN2 Data (2015)
Statistics and analysis produced by Department for Education on statements of special educational needs (SEN) and education, health and care (EHC) plans in England. This statistical first release (SFR) publishes data from the annual SEN2 data survey return, which is mandatory for local authorities to complete. This data was referred to in the presentation slides on pages 14-16 and can be found here.
19 - IPSEA Website
The IPSEA website contains information, advice and guidance, as well as a range of free resources which are available to download.